Method of doing Kapalbhati Pranayam
Sit comfortably in any posture. Back should be straight and chin parallel to ground. Close eyes and take deep breath. Exhale through both nostrils, contracting the middle and lower abdomen portions. Release the contractions quickly and immediately follow with another forceful exhalation. There is no retention of nreath in this pranayam. Inhale passively and effortlessly. Gradually increase the frequency to about 100 strokes/minute. After the round take a deep breath and gradually exhale.
Benefits of Kapalbhati
- Cleans capillaries of the remotest part of the body.
- Cleans lungs and entire respiratory system
- Removes excessive fat from the abdomen
- Purifies the frontal portion of the brain.
- Improve digestion
- Aid in combating asthma, diabetes, and chronic bronchitis besides other nervous disorders.
- Cleans the nasal passages.
- Removes toxins from the body
- Helps in removing constipation
- Good pranayam for diabetic patients