This chakra is based on being physically aware and feeling comfortable in many situations. If opened, you should feel well-balanced and sensible, stable and secure. You don't distrust people around you for no reason.You feel present in what is happening right now, and very connected to your physical body. If it's under-active: you tend to be fearful or nervous, and easily feel unwelcome. If it's over-active: you may be materialistic and greedy. You feel as if you should be secure and are unwelcome to a change.
- Use the body and become aware of it. Do yoga, walk around the block, or do some manual house-cleaning. These activities let your body become known to you, and will strengthen the chakra.
- Ground yourself. This means that you should connect with the ground, and feel it beneath you. To do this, stand up straight and relaxed, put your feet shoulder width apart, and slightly bend your knees. Move your pelvis forward a little, and keep your body balanced, so that your weight is evenly distributed over the soles of your feet. Then sink your weight forward. Stay in this position for several minutes.
- After grounding yourself, sit cross-legged, as shown in the picture above.
- Let the tips of your thumb and index finger touch gently, in a peaceful motion.
- Concentrate on the Root chakra and what it stands for, at the spot in between the genitals and the anus.
- Silently, yet clearly, chant the sound "LAM."
- All this time, let yourself relax, still thinking about the chakra, it's meaning, and how it does or should affect your life.
- Keep doing this until you are completely relaxed. You may have a "clean" feeling.