- The most effective way to cure sore throat would be to mix 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of honey and 1/8 tsp of cayenne. Have 1 tsp of this mixture, everyday, during sore throat. Make sure to chew it well, before swallowing.
- In a cup of water, put some Holy Basil leaves. Boil this concoction, allow it to cool and strain well. You can either drink it or use it for gargling.
- A simple remedy for treating sore throat would be to gargle with lukewarm water. Add some salt to it, before gargling. This would surely provide relief.
- In a pint of boiling water, add 1 or 2 tsp dried chamomile blossoms. Let them steep well and then strain the water. Have a cup of this decoction, every few hours, during sore throat.
- Another effective home remedy for sore throat would be to mix a tsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey, along with a pinch of cayenne pepper and extracted juice of 1/4th lemon, in a cup of hot water. Stir well before drinking. Have this mixture 4 times in a day.
- Boil a glass of water. In it, add a pinch of powdered cloves, a pinch of pepper powder and 1 tsp honey. Drink this concoction once in a day, preferably early morning. This is an effective way to cure sore throat.
- Fenugreek seeds are beneficial in treating sore throat. In a glass of lukewarm water, add some fenugreek seeds and let them steep for sometime. Strain the water and gargle with it, to cure sore throat.
- In a pint of boiling water, add 2 sprigs of coarsely chopped parsley, 3 whole spice cloves, 1 tsp of powdered myrrh and 1/4 tsp of powdered goldenseal. Let the water simmer for sometime, cool it and then strain the decoction. Use it for gargling.
- Take a cup with a lid and put some honey in it. Now, cut an onion slice and soak it in the honey. Put on the lid and keep aside for an hour. Have a tsp of this honey every few hours.
- Another beneficial method to get relief from sore throat would be to drink a glass of warm water, with lemon juice and some honey added to it.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves. In one of the pieces, sprinkle some salt and black pepper. Press it with a knife so that the pepper and salt penetrates in. Now, warm this lime piece and lick it. Have this twice or thrice a day, to get immediate relief from sore throat.
- Barberry Tincture is effective in curing sore throat. Take 1/4th cup water and add 15 to 20 drops of the tincture to it. Have this water thrice daily, for 10 days.
- In 600 ml of water, add 25 grams fresh sage water and 1/4th tsp cayenne. Give it a boil and allow it to cool. Now, strain this decoction and drink once in a day.
- Make tea by putting a tsp of dried red sage in one cup of boiling water. Cover it with a lid and leave for 10 minutes. Now, strain this mixture and add a few drops of vinegar to it. You can either drink it as tea or use it for gargling.