It is extremely necessary to worship the land before the construction work starts. Baisakh,
Shravan, Kartik,Margshirsh and Paush these four months are auspicious for the worship of the land.
Auspiciousness and inauspiciousness of the Auspicious (opportune) Moment.
* As far as possible the auspicious (opportune) moment should not coincide with the extra month (Adhik Mas), the zero month, the lunar month and the sunset.
* Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday should be avoided.
* Monday and Thursday are very auspicious.
* The auspicious (opportune) moment should not fall in Hadpaksha, mourning period. Divaskarma (performing rituals relating to dates) and Shraadha ceremony (religious rites after the death of a person). If the auspicious (opportune) moment falls in Jaishth or Aashadh, Sickness or unnecessary increase in expenditure results.
* If the auspicious (opportune) moment falls in Bhadrapad or Ashwin month, expenditure increases unnecessarily and the situation becomes tense for no reason.
* If the auspicious (opportune) moment is celebrated in the month of Kartik, Paush or Magh the construction is delayed. There is also a possibility of theft of the building material. Some provoking incidents take place. If there is a conjunction of auspicious stars in the sky at the auspicious (opportune) moment it gives good results. In this age of science even well known and highly qualified people start their new enterprises at the auspicious moment. The worship of the land should be done in the east or the north-east corner of the plot at the opportune moment