- In the early stages of pneumonia, the best treatment would be to have tea prepared from fenugreek seeds. Have four cups of this tea everyday. Along with this, no other nourishment or food should be taken. You can reduce the quantity of intake once the condition improves.
- Garlic acts favorably in curing pneumonia. It can be added to the food prepared for the patient. Alternatively, garlic paste can also be applied over the chest. Apart from bringing down the body temperature, it tones down respiration and pulse.
- Steep 15 gm sesame seeds in 250 ml water. Mix this infusion with 1 tablespoon each of honey and linseed. Also add a pinch of table salt and consume. This is very effective in treating pneumonia.
- Carrot juice, when combined with beet and cucumber juices or spinach juice, is also beneficial in curing pneumonia. In 300 ml carrot juice, mix in either 200 ml of spinach juice or 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juice.
- Another effective home remedy would be to rub some turpentine oil over the patient's rib cage. After this, cover the area with a warm cloth.
- Extract juice of 5 to 6 Holy Basil leaves. To this, add some black pepper. Consume this after every 6 hours.